Coordination of FSB, Rosguards and Army a Threat to Russian Population?
A recent decree signed by Russian President Vladimir Putin which allows military units to be transferred to the National Guard, also known as the Rosguards. Other officials have called for a closer coordination of the Rosguards, the Army and the FSB. The coordination of the FSB, responsible for internal counterintelligence, among many other responsibilities, is particularly troubling, especially given the comments of General Baluevsky about the importance of fighting the Russian opposition movement, which supposedly represents a dire threat to the country and young Russians in particular.
- Russia Prepares to Fight Itself (6/4/2017)
- Fox News’ Julie Roginsky takes on the Russian Embassy (6/3/2017)
- Fine Finally Paid in the Magnitsky Case (6/3/2017)
- New Victory of Boris Sokolov in the Court (5/13/2017)
- MVD Rezidenturas Abroad (5/13/2017)
- Vladimir Medinsky’s Dissertation Still Questioned (5/13/2017)
- University Protests – Staged and Real (4/7/2017)
- A Convenient Fall from an Apartment Building (4/6/2017)
- Update on Torture Article (4/5/2017)
- NGOs Banned Completely from Russia (4/2/2017)